Brussels, 23rd September 2016 – The final of the Scaleup Acceleration Program took place this Thursday. This event is organized for the third time by the Microsoft Innovation Center Brussels. This year, the six startups involved were Neveo, iBeauty, Matrix, Oh Chef!, Zebra Academy and Carasap. The winner, considered as having the best long-term vision and the best assets to thrive, is Zebra Academy.
Stay tuned for the next edition and don’t hesitate to contact us for more information!
The Scaleup Acceleration Program
This program is organized for the third year in a row by the MIC Brussels. It aims at supporting more mature startups willing to successfully grow their business. The program includes 18 sessions and is held over 6 months. The startups receive high-level tailored coachings and one-to-one sessions.
As Xavier Corman, Co-Founder and CEO of Edebex and Guest of Honor of the event said: “It is important to understand that the investors will only bet on the first horse. Not the second one nor the third one!” Hence why this program is really helpful for startups to identify their needs, find the best solutions to grow and so differentiate themselves from the competition.
The six startups were:
- Neveo– Connects our everyday life devices (smartphones, tablets, computers, etc.) to our elders’ television via a specific channel and a paper version
- iBeauty – Simplifies the administrative management (appointments, database for clients and suppliers, etc.) in hair salons so that they can improve their services
- Matrix Requirements – Makes the medical devices easier to manage by evaluating the risks and requirements, creating reports and compiling important documents.
- Oh Chef! – Proposes talented chefs to individuals for cooking lessons or private events
- Zebra Academy – Improves the struggle against strokes by implementing an in-ambulance telemedecine solution with pre-hospital care for faster interventions
- Carasap – Offers enhanced taxi solutions for private and professional trips
The jury was composed of key-actors such as:
- Xavier Corman – Invité d’honneur, CEO et Co-Founder @ Edebex
- Philippe Mauchard – President of the Board @ MIC Brussels, Chief Bridge Officer @ Eggsplore and Co-founder @ McKinsey Solutions
- Alain Baetens – Head of listing @ Euronext Brussels
- Jean-Louis Van Houwe – Founder & President @ Monizze
- Jean-Pol Boone – Co-founder & CEO @ Inoopa and Investment Officer @ Be Angels S.A.
- Christophe Charlot – Journalist @ Trends Tendance
The jury chose to reward Zebra Academy. Philippe Mauchard explained that several elements had led to this choice: a solid and capable team, good insights of their business and a good market opportunity.
The main coach was Roald Sieberath, a tech entrepreneur with 20 years of experience who has been involved as coach, co-founder or board member in a large number of startups (some of which have grown revenue over 10 M€).
If you want to get more information about our next Scaleup Acceleration program, send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org !