Brussels, 16th June 2017 – The Final of the 12th Boostcamp, our program to help early stage entrepreneurs validate their idea before creating their legal structure, was held this Thursday June 15. Eight young startups defended their projects in front a jury composed of top-notch experts in various fields of entrepreneurship. Two awards were delivered: CAMDA HR Assistant won the Grand Prize and SolVR won the Brussels Capital Region Prize.
Originally, about twenty projects attended the Kick-Off on January 15. After the semifinal, an internal jury selected the 8 most promising of them who followed further coaching. These 8 finalists were:
- CAMDA HR Assistant – Allows recruitment through Artificial Intelligence
- Sofast – Makes communication easier for property managers
- Healthy Connection – An app that helps you with your healthy lifestyle
- Skillhacker – A micro-internship platform to build professional skills in digital marketing
- Sol VR – An interactive way to learn Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry through Virtual Reality
- Curious Craft – VR game development start-up
- WALKSVR – A VR project that underlines the social connection for a good cause
- Magexclusive – Pop-up stores for the luxury industry
After the startups’ amazing pitches, the ceremony led to the attribution of two prizes, each of them rewarding a different aspect of each project:
- CAMDA HR Assistant received the Grand Prize for the innovative aspect of their project. This recruitment assistant uses Artificial Intelligence to better assess profiles. This new way of dealing with recruitment is what decided the jury to elect CAMDA as the winner of this edition. They will benefit from a 3.000€ grant delivered by Innoviris to further develop this promising project.
- The Brussels Capital Region Prize was given to Sol VR. This prize is awarded to the project with the most positive impact for the city of Brussels. Sol VR uses Virtual Reality to help the students better understand complex concepts in Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics. The project estimated to have the most potential for the schools and universities of Brussels by the jury.
A special mention was given to Magexclusive by the jury. This project combines Virtual Reality with the luxury industry to create virtual pop-up stores.
Check out the video of this Boostcamp!
The next Boostcamp will start on September 19 with a Kick-Off. This one-day event mostly aims at giving an overview of the whole Program: what are the different themes and workshops that will shape the Program as well as what is expected from the Boostcampers.