MIC Brussels is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
MIC Brussels may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 15/07/2013.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- information about your use of this website (see also our Cookie Statement)
- photos and videos
- other information relevant to membership, participation to events, surveys and other offers and services
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Administer this website and personalize the website for you as Effective Members, Associated Members, Board Members, Honorary Members of the Association, Students and/or Visitors
- Illustrate or announce events organized by the Association (photo galleries)
- Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our products and services, send to you statements and invoices
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new events, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Information relating to electronic transactions entered into via this website will be protected by encryption technology.
Cross-border data transfers
MIC Brussels operates in Belgium and the information that MIC Brussels collects is processed and stored on its secure servers located within EEA (European Economic Area). However the website is visible globally, and accessible from countries located outside EEA. As members of the Association, you agree to such cross-border transfers of personal information.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Where MIC Brussels discloses your personal information to its agents or sub-contractors for these purposes, the agent or sub-contractor in question will be obligated to use that personal information in accordance with the terms of this privacy statement.
In addition to the disclosures reasonably necessary for the purposes identified elsewhere above, MIC Brussels may disclose your personal information to the extent that it is required to do so by law, in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, and in order to establish, exercise or defend its legal rights.