This Hands-on workshop aims at presenting the fundamentals of cross-platform mobile development (iOS/Android) using Xamarin forms. A lunch will be provided on both days.
In this course we will:
- Create our first Xamarin forms app linked with Azure.
- Get to know how to navigate between forms pages.
- Hook up data using the MVVM pattern to the UI.
- Call a REST service to retrieve online data to represent in the app.
- Use effects to tweak the UI depending on which target OS the app is running on.
- Be introduced on how to use AI learning.
Developers, students developers and job seekers with the following skills:
- Good knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming and C#.
- Experience in any flavor of XAML is a plus.
IT level & prerequisites
Your laptop should be able to build and run this example on iOS, Android or UWP.
Preferably using Visual Studio 2017 or Visual Studio for MAC.