- The Microsoft Innovation Center Brussels selected Massim.io as the winner of the 12th Boostcamp during the final that was held yesterday at ICAB.
- The Brussels-Capital Region Prize was awarded to Designer4me.
- For this edition, the MIC Brussels partnered with Ipoome, a crowdfunding platform, to allow the finalists to start their very first fundraising during the event.
The startup Massim.io convinced the jury and the audience, therefore winning the Grand Prize along with an amount of 3000€ granted by Innoviris to allow further development. The startup, led by Filip Zastavnik, develops a computational platform built on a set of open-source simulation programs and allows for high performance simulations for many fields (construction, automotive sector, medical sector, etc.). The solution runs in the cloud, reducing the costs of such simulations while making them more easily accessible.
The Brussels-Capital Region Prize was awarded to Yue Liu with her project Designer4me, a virtual marketplace that connects the fashion designers directly to the consumers, with a support network of suppliers, manufacturers and logistics.
6 other promising startups pitched during the evening:
- Casalta: a social networking real estate application based on territorial marketing.
- Hexeko: a platform that allows your employees to book a sport session near their workplace.
- Landfriend: an e-commerce that offers the possibility to order quality food from local producers in Europe.
- mygrants.online: a platform that aims to help non-for-profits manage their grants optimally.
- Start MyCompany : a platform to easily incorporate a company by managing the different steps and entities involved in the process.
- UGO: an application that turns companies into talent magnets and employees into company ambassadors.
The next Boostcamp edition?
Because we are always looking for ways to improve, and to better match the ecosystem’s need in 2018, we are currently finalizing, together with partners, a brand new format for the next edition of the Boostcamp. This new edition will be unveiled in February: it will support more projects, at the startup’s pace and with an investment readiness focus.
If you want to stay up-to-date concerning the next Boostcamp, click here!
If you want to keep investing in the projects through Ipoome, check this out!